Intro to Portrait Drawing February
February 2 @ 5:00 pm - February 23 @ 7:00 pm PST
Learn the fundamentals of drawing realistic features and faces! This is a 4 week session
This class will cover :
- the basics of drawing and shading facial features,
- learning facial structure and proportions,
- tips for drawing hair,
- problem-solving common portrait pitfalls including tricky angles or expressions
- capturing a likeness.
We will be working in both graphite and charcoal throughout the course and will work toward drawing portraits based off of individual photo references.
Required Supply List:
- Drawing pad– 11×14″ or larger, 80 lb
- Graphite drawing pencils– HB/B, 2B, 4B, 6B
- Charcoal Pencils– 2B, 4B, 6B
- Large eraser (such as Staedtler Mars Plastic Eraser)
- Tombow Mono Zero refillable eraser (round)
- Kneaded eraser
- 1-2 sticks of vine charcoal (soft)
- 1-2 compressed paper blending stumps (small-medium)
- Metal pencil sharpener (optional: sandpaper block)
- Individual photo reference(s)– to be discussed in class!